What is Adon Olam?
It is a song, a prayer that religious Jews have said every day for millennia.
Believe it or not, it is packed with everything you want to know:
- Why did God create the world?
- How did physicality come about?
- Why would the Infinite God need or want anything?
- How can the finite person hope to connect to the Infinite?
- Why should we and our actions matter to God?
- Why is there so much evil and hardship?
- What great purpose is gained by enduring pains and confusions?
- Is there any core difference between all the faiths that claim to be monotheistic?
- Why would God care about me – my actions and thoughts, my troubles and sorrows?
- What about afterlife?
- What is its true nature?
Adon Olam has the answers to all these questions, and more.