Fifty-Four Pick Up
There is no issue too controversial for Rabbi Shmuel Herzfeld as he seamlessly connects ideas and themes of the Torah to the major issues of our times.
In this collection of thoughts about the fifty-four weekly Torah portions, Rabbi Herzfeld shows us how the Torah can guide us and inspire us in our daily lives.
- What does the Torah say about homosexuality?
- What is the agunah crisis, and what can we do about it?
- How do we effectively combat intermarriage?
- Is our justice system truly just?
Rabbi Herzfeld is confident and proud of his Jewishness. His enthusiasm and unabashed love for the Torah is contagious, and his Jewish pride shouts out from every page. Warning: If you read this book you will be infected by Rabbi Herzfeld’s love of Torah!
- Why is giving away your pillow the best way to get a good night’s sleep?
- Should the Internet be used for bar mitzvah lessons?
- How can you be a good parent?
- What would you do if you had only five minutes to live?